Saturday, June 20, 2009

Jace LeRoy

WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO SINCE HIGH SCHOOL

Well I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life after high school, so I did what anyone else would do who wasn't sure, I went to college. I moved to Price to go to CEU (duh) and over the course of two years there I lived with Chad Bingham, Matt Beatty, Spencer Westwood, Max Thatcher, Daniel Farr, Tim Arnold, Mark Olsen, Sam Lloyd, Jessie VanWagoner and possibly some others that I can't remember. Needless to say I was in good Emery County company.

While attending CEU I was arrested for stealing computers, although it sounds so much worse than it really was. Mostly it was a misunderstanding, well sort of. Anyway, I graduated from CEU with an Associate in Science and moved to Orem to go to UVU.

So at the age of 21 I had finally realized I wanted to do Film. I pursued a degree in Digital Media/Film and graduated with my Bachelors in December of 2008. I have worked on two Disney Films (Halloween Town, and High School Musical 2), along with this I have also worked on many other projects for local businesses. I am currently working for a company called Blufrog in Provo. We make commercials, Dvd's, Web Videos, Documentaries and pretty much anything else people want us to make. Most recently I was the Project Manager for an upcoming documentary about a local charity organization called “In Our Own Quiet Way” who raises money for children in Kenya Africa.

So here I am 5 years+ after high school working as a camera man/editor/photographer and I am loving it. Time isn't slowing down, rather it seems to be speeding up. I very much enjoy small city living, although I still love the outdoors and the “Emery way of life”. Who knows what the next 5 years will bring, but I hope it's as productive as the last. Maybe I should concentrate on getting married? Lol ;)


3 comments:

Megan said...

Well I don't know about the arrested part, but the rest of it sounds cool, very cool!

The Thornleys said...

Thanks a bunch Jace!! I knew you had it in you to write one of these!!

Anonymous said...

Jace that is great. I hope the next 5 years are full of a marriage and kids:)