Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Andrea Cox

What I've been up to since High School

Well, a whole lot of MORE school. Bwahahaha... ha... ha.. cricket chirp. Since graduating from EHS, I've ALSO graduated from Snow College and the University of Utah (Go Utes!). I done studied the English (in honor of Mrs. Wakefield naturally) and the French (in honor of Coach Dean); getting my secondary English teaching license (in honor of JR) of which I used for about 2 months at a Charter School in Salem, Utah until they laid us all off. Good times in 2007. Stupid 2007. I did a study abroad in London for 2 months in there somewhere, and after a smattering of failed job attempts and even more attempts at fleeing the country again, I finally work at Utah System of Higher Education in downtown SLC and plan on going back for yes, you guessed it, more education at the University of Utah this Fall 2009. Gonna get ye olde MPA (Masters in Public Administration) and get paid to boss people around, rock political boats, rally for education reform, and generally save the world from our apathetic selves. That's the plan anyway - but most things don't tend to go as planned. I guess there in lies the rub.

Hmmm. Not married. Thanks for wondering so loud. I could hear it all the way from here. Sheesh. Not dating at the moment - aaaaaand really - not too worried about it yet... or still. Whichever. I don't feel I need to tell all of you, my dear friends, about me because I am still me and you know me. Me me. Me. Planet-me. But I still read. I still write. I play the sports and have recently gotten into Ultimate Frisbee a good deal. I made a chalkboard the other day so lets go ahead and say I "craft" and I actually have acquired a joy for cooking. So there's a domestic habit to be amused by. Oh! I've got something! I have a cat. There ya go! She is called Lila. You've now confirmed the image of me in your head of "Oh that Andrea Cox... I always knew she'd go into education and come out the crazy hippie cat lady who shops with cloth bags and uses such phrases as "rally for education reform" and "Free Tibet." She prolly voted for Obama too (Yes, I can.. or did, rather)." Well... I'd hate to disappoint you... so go ahead and hang on to that image. It's pretty accurate I guess - though I want you to know I don't own a Prius... not yet.

Rock on 2002.

No comments: